Friday, October 12, 2007

And right there for a minute, I was busy

So, I haven't posted cake pics in a while, though last month was a doozey. Did 25 orders all together last month. A crazed amount. This month has been slow and mild in comparison, but the cakes I do have coming up are pretty awesome. I did get an impromptu order a couple days ago, from a lady in Colorado. Apparently, my little cake business is listed on a website called "The Gathering". I had no idea, until I asked her where she got my info from...so I checked it out, and it can be googled...I feel strangely out in the open now....

Anyway, she asked for a cake with a farm scene on it for her daughter's birthday. They own a farm in Colorado. So the animals were specific to the farm, and the colorings of the real animals. Everything else was up to me.  She paid me $50  to do the cake, though I quoted her a price of $32. I am pretty darn happy with the outcome:



So, up next lots of tiered cakes. A wedding on the 20th, a baby shower on the 21st, an anniversary cake on the 24th, and a princess cake for twins on the 27th. All tiered cakes. I do have one Halloween order, a sheet cake with a cake eyeball on top and edible spiders. Then there's the alligator shaped, banana flavored cake at the end of the month...spooky, huh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment