Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cakie update...hell weekend...

This weekend probably tested my sanity more than any other so far, mostly because I'm becoming some kind of local celebrity around here...and I don't want to take backward lunges in quality and craftsmanship. It has been kicked up a notch here folks...I was referred to, lovingly yesterday as Jacksonville's Ace of Cakes. wow....I know the lady was trying to compliment me...but it scared me to death. :-(

Anyways, it was a rough weekend, 2 orders each day..non were simple. Then Friday night, I get a call from a crying bride. She says she has no cake for her wedding, because the bakery that did it..did it in blue, instead of green, like her wedding colors. Then refused to fix the problem even after they realized it was their error. I was sad for her, really I was. I asked when the wedding was. She said, "tomorrow at 1."


8-O

oh...well, you know how much of a push over I am for a crying bride and cash...it threw of the schedule for the entire rest of the weekend, but I did the damn thing for her. In a night. An entire wedding cake...plus two other complicated cakes...on Saturday. I'm exhausted, but proud of myself. I celebrated with a margarita this evening, and some new hostas for my flower bed out front. I know, I live dangerously. xD

Here's the end result of hell weekend:








 wedding cake

   (inspired by Brandon smash)

  I spent at least 8 hours on this one...It is currently my second favorite, behind the white tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment